Financing Your Education
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and fees vary depending upon your residency status and course load. For current tuition and fee rates, see the Office of the Registrar Tuition and Fees page.
Students may apply for financial aid via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
In order to be eligible for federal funding students must be either a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen. The primary form of funding for graduate students is through federal and private educational loan programs. Download MPH Financial Aid brochure for detailed information.
Approximately 20% of the students enrolled in the MPH program are funded through TA, PA, or PA positions. More information about these assistantship positions can be found here.
Tips for Finding a Graduate Assistantship
The majority of assistantship opportunities are not posted, but filled through informal networking channels or by departmental faculty initiative. Assistantships are highly competitive and usually go to those students who are most resourceful and persistent. Currently, approximately 20% of the students enrolled in the MPH program are funded through TA, PA, or RA positions.
Here are some tips for finding assistantships:
- Contact professors who are working on projects that are in your interest area and send them an email with your resume to inquire about available positions
- Look at other departments beyond Population Health Sciences; for example, in the area in which you did your undergraduate work. Oftentimes students may have experience and training that may be applied to positions in other departments.
- Check sources of postings for campus positions, including the UW Student Job Center, Grad Connections newsletter, and MPH student listserv.
MPH Program Scholarships
- The David A. Kindig Scholarship (considered upon admission)
- Gordon Johnson Health Management Fellowship (considered upon admission)
- Donn D'Alessio Student Award
- MPH Travel Grant
- WMAA Perlson MD-MPH Dual Degree Scholarship
Campus-Wide Student Scholarships and Honors
- Excellence in Civic Engagement Student Award
- Global Studies Scott Kloeck-Jenson Fellowships
- Graduate Student Peer Mentor Award
- Institute on Poverty Graduate Research Fellows Program
- Scholarships for Non-Traditional Students
- Teaching Assistant (TA) Awards
- Conference Presentation Funds
Financial Aid and Other Funding Sources
- Office of Student Financial Aid
- Financial Assistance for Child Care
- Funding Resources and Proposal Development
- Funding and Scholarships for International Students
- Eduardo Neale Silva Scholarship Fund
- Grants Information Collection
- FastWeb and FinAid!
- Lectureships, Classified Positions, and Other Jobs on Campus
- UW Job Center
- National Institutes of Health