Skip to main content

Financing Your Education

Tuition and Fees

Tuition and fees vary depending upon your residency status and course load. For current tuition and fee rates, see the Office of the Registrar Tuition and Fees page.

Financial Aid

Students may apply for financial aid via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

In order to be eligible for federal funding students must be either a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen. The primary form of funding for graduate students is through federal and private educational loan programs. Download MPH Financial Aid brochure for detailed information.


Approximately 20% of the students enrolled in the MPH program are funded through TA, PA, or PA positions. More information about these assistantship positions can be found here.

Tips for Finding a Graduate Assistantship

The majority of assistantship opportunities are not posted, but filled through informal networking channels or by departmental faculty initiative. Assistantships are highly competitive and usually go to those students who are most resourceful and persistent. Currently, approximately 20% of the students enrolled in the MPH program are funded through TA, PA, or RA positions.

Here are some tips for finding assistantships:

  • Contact professors who are working on projects that are in your interest area and send them an email with your resume to inquire about available positions
  • Look at other departments beyond Population Health Sciences; for example, in the area in which you did your undergraduate work. Oftentimes students may have experience and training that may be applied to positions in other departments.
  • Check sources of postings for campus positions, including the UW Student Job Center, Grad Connections newsletter, and MPH student listserv.

MPH Program Scholarships

Campus-Wide Student Scholarships and Honors

Financial Aid and Other Funding Sources